Health Guarantee - purchase of a kitten from Kitty Hawk Cattery constitutes the agreement that you have read and consent to the following guarantee:
1. All cats are sold as pet quality. There is no guarantee or warranty that any cat will be breed or show quality.
2. This cat is not to be declawed.
3. Adequate indoor sanitary facilities must be provided. It is required that British Shorthair cats are kept strictly indoors.
4. This cat is purchased as a pet (altering required). Registered with: TICA
5. Seller will provide the following health guarantee: Seller warrants that this cat/kitten is presented in good health and sound temperament.
6. Seller is not responsible for any veterinary expenses at any time after the cat leaves the Seller's possession.
7. Purchaser is required to take the cat (at purchaser’s expense) to a licensed veterinarian for a complete exam within 4 days or this guarantee is null and void. If the veterinarian finds the cat to be 'unfit for sale' due to a serious medical condition at this time (this does not include common treatable conditions such as, but not limited to parasitic infections, injuries incurred during shipping or while in the Buyer’s care, Coccidiosis or Giardia) , the Buyer must provide the Veterinary Report to the Seller. Seller shall then:
A) Replace the cat with the next available like prospect or mutually agreeable animal provided the live cat and registration papers are returned within 4 days; or
B) Refund 100% of the purchase price provided the live cat and registration papers are returned within 4 days.
8. The cat is guaranteed to be free of hereditary crippling/disabling defects by 12 months of age. This guarantee does not cover what in the British Shorthair breed is considered breed standard health issues. Costs of the veterinary opinions are to be assumed by Purchaser and must be corroborated by the Seller's vet. Options in such a case are:
A) Seller will replace the cat with the next available like prospect or mutually agreeable animal, provided the live cat and registration papers are returned to Seller (at the Purchaser's expense) as soon as possible (no more than two weeks) after discovery of said defect; or
B) Neuter fee refunded (up to $50.00) upon proof of neutering should Purchaser elect to keep the cat.
9. Should kitten/cat die due to a genetic defect and while this one (1) year health guarantee is in force, a necropsy is required at purchasers' expense, the results to be given to seller in writing from the veterinary professional that performed the necropsy within fifteen (15) days of the necropsy. Upon conditions above, seller guarantees to replace the kitten/cat with one of same color, gender and equal worth from the next available litter of kittens or at any such later time purchasers are ready. Purchaser will be given the right to choose any kitten/cat from those available to others for sale.
10. Purchaser agrees to care for this cat/kitten by providing adequate indoor facilities, to maintain proper nutrition, to get the cat/kitten normal yearly inoculations as recommended by a licensed veterinarian, and if deemed necessary, medical attention.
11. If the Purchaser cannot keep the cat or kitten for any reason, it is agreed that the Seller will be notified immediately and will have first right to re-home the cat/kitten. There will be no refund.
12. Under no circumstances will this cat be sold, or given to a pet shop, research facility, a humane society or other rescue facility. Purchaser agrees that this kitten is not being bought with the intent for resale to a third party.
13. Cats/kittens purchased as household pets must be spayed/neutered by six (6) months of age. Purchaser will provide Seller with proof of altering in the form of a dated receipt from a certified veterinarian that includes a description of the animal involved. If proof of altering is not received by Seller by the time the kitten is six (6) months of age, Purchaser shall owe seller an additional $500 and no registration will be allowed on any kittens.
14. No other conditions, guarantees, or obligations concerning the sale of this cat apply. The agreement may be modified or amended only in writing and signed by both parties. By purchasing a cat, we agree that we have read, understand and will abide by all of the terms of this contract.